What is the 9/36 Challenge? Student members are challenged to start playing the course from 25 yards away in Level 1 and work to achieve a passing score as they develop their skills! The 9/36 challenge is especially a great way to improve on chipping and putting, mental game, goal setting, and honesty/integrity (to hole out and score each hole correctly).
The five levels of the 9/36 Challenge to work to score a 36 or lower on 9 holes are…
- Level 1 – Start from 25 yards away from the center of the green on all 9 holes (All 9 holes are considered par 4’s)
- Level 2 – Start from 100 yards away from the green (marked by red disc). Holes #5, #9, #13 and #17 start from green tees. (All holes are considered par 4’s)
- NOTE: Starting with Level 3, you will now have two par 3 holes, two par 5 holes, and five par 4 holes, just like the standard course setup.
- Level 3 – Start from the green tees on par 3 holes (approx. 100 yards), 150 yard marker on par 4 holes (white disc), 200 yard marker on par 5 holes (blue disc). Target score remains a score of 36 or lower.
- Level 4 – Start from green tees on par 3 holes (approx. 100 yards), 200 yard marker on par 4 holes (blue disc), 250 yard marker on par 5 holes (yellow disc). Target score remains a score of 36 or lower.
- Level 5 – Tee off from the standard green tees on all holes. Target score remains a score of 36 or lower.
- Hall of Fame – A female student member who scores a 36 or lower from the black tees before age 21 will be listed as a Hall of Fame graduate, while a male golfer who scores a 36 or lower from the white tees will also be listed in our Hall of Fame. The score must be achieved here at Spencer Golf & CC.
We encourage all youth golfers as young as age 4 to try the 9/36 Challenge and use it as a roadmap to success. Any youth golfer who is able to pass all five levels is highly skilled and is certainly ready to enjoy the game for a lifetime!